Bristol, TN’s East Cedar St. reconstruction project on the road to starting after City Council approval of construction bid and engineering agreement
A two year road reconstruction project in Bristol, TN is set to start later this year.
Bristol, TN City Council approved a pair of resolutions during their Tuesday night meeting that included awarding a construction bid and entering into an engineering services agreement for reconstruction of East Cedar St.
The project involves 1.21 miles of the street between 5th Street and King College Rd. Part of the project will include two 12-foot travel lanes with 5-foot wide sidewalks along both sides of the roadway, in addition to adding additional turn lanes at 5th St. and Virginia Ave. The intersections of Georgia Ave. and Kentucky Ave. will have improved sight distance provided by alterations to the vertical curves at these areas. Additionally, the “S” curve located between Golf St. and Halverstadt Dr. will be realigned to lessen the horizontal curvature of the roadway.
Baker Construction was awarded the construction bid at around $8.9 million. The Tennessee Department of Transportation has approved the bid, and will be responsible for 80%, or $7.1 million of the project costs. The City of Bristol will be responsible for the remaining 20%, or $1.7 million of the project costs.
City Manager Bill Sorah said the project is slated to start in October and the city plans to have a pre-construction meeting later this month.
Photo Courtesy: Google Maps