Friday, May 11, 2012

Small J/C House Fire Injures One
Fast work by Johnson City firefighters on an early-morning fire saved a structure in the 2200 block of Signal Drive just off the Old Emeryville Road. Assistant Fire Chief Mark Funicane told us they used a pressurized water extinguisher to put out the fire that started in the kitchen in the kitchen. Resident Michael Wood suffered first and second degree burns in that small kitchen fire. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment. He also suffered smoke inhalation. It's believed the fire started in a trash can. Damage was reportedly not extensive to the structure.(CS)

Thursday, October 23, 2014

  • Jury Convicts Southwest Virginia Retail Store Owners of Selling Synthetic Marijuana
  • Sentence Reduced for Bristol Man Convicted of Child Rape
  • Carter County Gets Stern Warning on Finances From Comptroller
  • Mold Forces Closure of Indian Springs Elementary
  • Dangerous, Possibly Drugged, Suspect Wanted in Sullivan County
  • New Virginia Road Funding Formula in Question for Coalfield's Expressway, Other Projects
  • Bristol, Virginia Working to Get Revenue Bonds to Market for The Falls Project
  • USDA Awards $3 Million to Scott County, Va., for Broadband
  • Hawkins County Man Takes Plea in Federal Pipe Bomb Case
  • Victim Says Two Men Tried to Rob Him at Gunpoint in Downtown Bristol
  • Wanted Johnson City Suspect Caught in Greene Co.
  • New Law Leaves Most VA Highway Projects Competing for Scarce Dollars
  • Kingsport Schools to Equip Students with Laptops
  • Bristol Public Library Sculpture Party
  • Topping Out Ceremony Held for Eastman's $100 Million Corporate Business Center
  • Man Reported Missing in Kingsport Found Safe
  • Hearing Delayed for former Bristol Library Executive Charged with Embezzlement.
  • Funeral Home Fire in Castlewood Under Investigation



  •  
     
    SuperTalk 92.9 WFHG is a Bristol Broadcasting Company Station
    © Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.