Saturday, August 31, 2013

Major Fire in School
Virginia Middle School students were evacuated from school on Friday after an electrical panel caught fire in the basement of the school. Bristol Virginia Utilities cut electricity to the school and fire officials made a sweep of the building making sure the fire had not spread to any other location. Students were evacuated and spent the rest of the afternoon outside the school they were allowed in to get their belongings before being released at the normal time. School officials say work will begin immediately on fixing the problem and checking for others and it should all be finished before the children are back at school after the holiday weekend. No one was injured in the incident. (CC)

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

  • Elizabethton Board of Education Sets May 9 Interview Date for Superintendent Finalists
  • Local Radio Veteran Reba June Green Dies
  • Job Cuts Announced by Company with Operations in Piney Flats
  • Lead TVA Official to Visit Boone Dam to Get Update on Repairs
  • Steele Creek Park's Lake to be Lowered for Shoreline Stabilization
  • County Leaders Vote to Reduce Commission Size in Washington County, TN
  • Gas Prices Are On the Rise
  • Report of Party Leads to Meth Arrest in Abingdon
  • TBI Data: Kingsport Leads Tri-Cities in Serious Reported Crimes
  • BVU Expecting Restitution by June from Employee/Contractor Theft and Kick-Back Schemes
  • BVU Board Gives Preliminary Approval to 15 Percent Sewer Rate Increase
  • Bristol Chamber Hosting Meet the Candidates Night on Thursday
  • Former NASCAR Truck Series Driver Out of Johnson City Has Sentencing Delayed in Ponzi Scheme Until October
  • Trial in Murder of 78-year-old in Carter County Delayed



  •  
     
    SuperTalk 92.9 WFHG is a Bristol Broadcasting Company Station
    © Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.