Friday, January 03, 2014

Fire Damages Bristol House; Destroys Car
A family of four is safe but their home was heavily damaged in a fire in Bristol, Virginia. It happened at 2305 Westfield Street. Itís blamed on a portable heater left on an unattended in a utility room to keep pipes from freezing. Fire Chief J.C. Bolling said, ďIt appears thatís where the fire started. Our initial review looks like the fire started from an electrical cord associated with that heater.Ē Bolling said a car in the carport, which adjoins the utility room, was destroyed. The American Red Cross is assisting the family as clean up and repairs get underway.(LM)

Friday, October 24, 2014

  • Sullivan County Suspect Still At Large, Accused of Stealing Another Vehicle
  • Kingsport Man Arrested For Aiming Rifle at a Police Officer
  • A Comprehensive Study of Bristol, Virginia Planning and Zoning on Tap
  • BVU to Consider Paying $5,000 for NEW CEO to Move to Bristol
  • Two East Tennessee Assisted Living Facilities Fined $1,000
  • Kingsport Arrest Results from $60,000 Theft
  • Kingsport Suspects Try to Flush $12,000 in Crack Cocaine Down the Toilet
  • Five Booked in Washington County After Year-Long Meth Investigation
  • Suspected Corvette Thief Arrested, Charged for Scott County Incident With Deputy
  • Carter County Authorities Quickly Catch Armed Robbery Suspect
  • Jury Convicts Southwest Virginia Retail Store Owners of Selling Synthetic Marijuana
  • Sentence Reduced for Bristol Man Convicted of Child Rape
  • Carter County Gets Stern Warning on Finances From Comptroller
  • Mold Forces Closure of Indian Springs Elementary
  • Dangerous, Possibly Drugged, Suspect Wanted in Sullivan County
  • New Virginia Road Funding Formula in Question for Coalfield's Expressway, Other Projects
  • Bristol, Virginia Working to Get Revenue Bonds to Market for The Falls Project
  • USDA Awards $3 Million to Scott County, Va., for Broadband



  •  
     
    SuperTalk 92.9 WFHG is a Bristol Broadcasting Company Station
    © Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.