Friday, January 03, 2014

Fire Damages Bristol House; Destroys Car
A family of four is safe but their home was heavily damaged in a fire in Bristol, Virginia. It happened at 2305 Westfield Street. Itís blamed on a portable heater left on an unattended in a utility room to keep pipes from freezing. Fire Chief J.C. Bolling said, ďIt appears thatís where the fire started. Our initial review looks like the fire started from an electrical cord associated with that heater.Ē Bolling said a car in the carport, which adjoins the utility room, was destroyed. The American Red Cross is assisting the family as clean up and repairs get underway.(LM)

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

  • Special Prosecutor: Police Shooting of Man Near Bristol Justified
  • Regional Jail Agreement for Bristol, Virginia Dies for Lack of Motion from City Council
  • Jailer Fired After Arrested for Shoplifting in Johnson City
  • THP Confirms Fatal Scooter Crash in Bluff City
  • Bristol, Virginia Revenue Bonds Sold, Cabela's Construction to Begin
  • Official: Voting Machines Statewide Could Need Overhaul or Inspections
  • Joining a Regional Jail Set for Discussion by Bristol, Virginia City Council
  • Johnson City Gets Grant to Curb Domestic Violence
  • Gas Prices Continue to Drop Across the Tri-Cities
  • Four Arrested for Trying to Smuggle Drug in County Jail
  • Sullivan County Detectives Investigating Shooting at Bluff City Teen Home
  • Downtown Growth in Bristol Attracts Unwanted Crime
  • TVA to Maintain Below-Normal Winter Pool Levels as Seepage Investigation Continues
  • Heaphy Stepping Down from U.S. Attorney's Office in SW Va.
  • GOP Helps Pillion's War Chest Grow for Dec. 9 Special Election
  • NC Women Arrested for Prostitution in Elizabethton
  • Three Injured from Car Accident on South Holston Dam Road, SCSO Investigating
  • Erwin Mayor is Confident Liquor Policies Will be In Place Soon



  •  
     
    SuperTalk 92.9 WFHG is a Bristol Broadcasting Company Station
    © Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.